After controlling Leprosy in Pakistan in 1996, the programme has moved on to Leprosy elimination making efforts to break its power and impact. We are not just providing a cure, but also addressing the underlying causes of the disease, prevention and treatment of deformity, restoring dignity of patients affected by Leprosy and removing the public’s fear of Leprosy through education and awareness.
The following services are included in the elimination programme:
- Chemotherapy – all new patients on regular treatment.
- Prevention and Treatment of Deformity.
- Examination of Patient’s contact for early case detection and treatment.
- Social and Economical Rehabilitation of patients and their families.
- Health Education, Awareness and Community empowerment.
Leprosy in Pakistan